In this webinar with ITL Editor-in-Chief Paul Carroll, Michel Leonard, head of the Insurance Information Institute's Economics and Analytics Department, discusses the prospects for P&C growth in the face of fiscal and geopolitical risks. Dr. Leonard says:
- Raising interest rates in the U.S. won't do enough to curb inflation, given that it's tied to global food and energy crises.
- Geopolitics has slowed U.S. growth by 2-3% while increasing inflation 3-4%.
- Underlying P&C growth has improved, though less than it could have.
- Improving supply chains, and not higher interest rates, will push P&C replacement costs down.
- And more, including thoughts on the economic fallout from Ukraine and the potential role of OPEC.
Date: December 20, 2022
Time: 10:30 am EST