June 25, 2020
The Griffith Foundation and The Katie School of Insurance June Webinar Series
In an effort to meet the educational needs of financial regulators during these challenging times, the Katie School of Insurance is collaborating with The Institutes Griffith Insurance Education Foundation to deliver a series of 8 non-partisan, non-advocative webinar programs during the month of June.
In an effort to meet the educational needs of financial regulators during these challenging times, the Katie School of Insurance is collaborating with The Institutes Griffith Insurance Education Foundation to deliver a series of 8 non-partisan, non-advocative webinar programs during the month of June. Because of significant overlap with the informational needs of legislators, we are pleased to provide complimentary access to legislators, staffers, and interns, as well.
Please note: This webinar series is being offered in place of the on-site, multi-day conference, which was to have taken place at the Katie School of Insurance in early June. That event has been cancelled because of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The programs are offered without charge to public policymakers.
- A program calendar appears below, containing information about each webinar.
- Pre-registration for each session is required.
The webinars will be moderated by Frank Paul Tomasello, JD, Senior Director at The Institutes Griffith Foundation, and Jim Jones, Executive Director at the Katie School of Insurance and Risk Management, Illinois State University. All sessions will begin at 1:30 pm Eastern time.
Please click on the links below to learn more and register:
- June 1 | Identifying Troubled Insurance Companies
- June 3 | The Financial and Solvency Implications of COVID-19 for Insurers
- June 5 | The McCarran-Ferguson Act: Considering the History, Role and Continued Relevance of this Legislation
- June 8 | Reinsurance: An Examination of Its Origins, Evolution, and Impact on Solvency
- June 12 | Captive Insurance: Exploring Underpinnings and Evaluating Opportunities
- June 15 | Insurance Company Rating Agencies: An Overview for Public Policymakers
- June 17 | College of Supervisors: Legal Framework and Practical Experience – A Case Study from Home and Host Perspectives
- June 19 | Wrap-Up Session: Addressing Open Items from the Webinar Series and Seeking Input from Financial Regulators
The Katie School of Insurance at Illinois State University, which has hosted and facilitated a multi-day event for insurance-centric financial examiners and analysts, for the past 15 years, is eager to resume this tradition in the years ahead, upon resolution of the COVID-19 crisis.