May 14, 2015
How to Find Mobility Solutions (Part 2)
by Barry Rabkin
Until insurers (and agents and brokers) can operate entirely using apps on smart devices, they can't claim to have mobility solutions.
Before continuing from the “How to Find Mobility Solutions (Part 1)” post, I want to repeat my bias: I think that until insurers, and insurance agencies/brokers, can operate entirely using apps on smart device they can’t really call themselves “mobile-next.”
Potential insurance mobility solutions
Focus on enabling producers to use a smart device that has the requisite apps to:
- Manage their day (and week and month) — seeing list of sales opportunities, setting up appointments, finding meeting locations and going to meetings, using the native calendar/GPS/mapping capabilities of the smart device
- Get notices about traffic conditions and suggested alternative routes to take if the producer is driving to a meeting
- Get alerts about severe weather
- Pull information about the customer from an agency management system or a carrier’s customer relationship management (CRM) system before the meeting
- Note comments about the progress of each sale after each meeting, whether by using the keyboard, stylus (if applicable) or voice entry
- See charts showing progress-to-date or progress-to-goals
- Pull all relevant forms into a “potential sale area” on the device — forms related to the sale of a specific line of insurance and required by the insurance company or regulators
- View the status of each sale in process and see the steps the carrier still needs to complete, with time estimates of each step
- Get a quote for any insurance products the producer is allowed to sell
- Walk a prospect through a policy application form either on the producer’s device or by sending it to the prospect’s smart device
- Coordinate a 3-way video session with a subject-matter expert, the prospective client and the producer to answer questions the prospect or producer might have about the insurance product
- Start a video session with a customer-service representative (CSR) or other colleague in the agency or in the carrier to ask questions or collaborate on an issue – from campaign management to new products to new requirements triggered by new regulations
- Complete the policy application form, including getting the prospect’s e-signature if that can be done at the moment. If completion isn’t possible at the time of the meeting with the prospect, then enable the producer to store the policy application and filled-in data on the producer’s smart device and also upload the information to the relevant agency or carrier systems
- Get alerts about any of the producer’s customers filing a claim, including the “when, where and why” of the claim
- See how much time until the next meeting takes place (this is specifically for a smart watch) and get an alert (sound or haptic touch on the wrist) when the producer is close to or at a meeting location.
I realize this is only a starter list of mobile applications for a producer. What would you add?