April 28, 2015
11 Reasons to Start CPCU Today
by Tony Canas
Reason #3: Only 4% of our industry has achieved the CPCU, so earning the designation immediately puts you in the top echelon.
- You will gain the knowledge you need to truly understand the overall property/casualty insurance industry at a high level.
- You will get access to membership in the CPCU Society both locally and nationally, which will open up amazing networking opportunities with the leaders of our industry.
- Only 4% of our industry has achieved the CPCU, so it immediately puts you in the top echelon of the industry when it comes to education.
- CPCU opens the door to promotions and new positions. Getting the interview for better positions becomes much easier with the highly respected CPCU letters next to your name.
- The average CPCU is 54 years old. With so many retirements happening in our industry, young CPCUs are in very high demand.
- Many of the local CPCU Society chapters are looking for young talent for their boards, giving you lots of opportunity to gain experience in a leadership role.
- At around $4,000 for the whole program, it’s much less costly than an MBA.
- Chances are your company will pay 100% of the cost of the program and pay for the trip to the annual meeting, and some even give bonuses for each test passed and for completing the program.
- It shows a real commitment to the industry, which makes companies much more likely to take a risk on you and offer you a stretch assignment.
- The average CPCU makes 29% more than non-CPCUs with the same job title.
- If you start today, you have just enough time to finish in time for Hawaii 2016!!!!
Share this article with those at your company who would benefit from getting their CPCU! If this article inspires you to get going on CPCU, let me know in the comments, and I will personally call you to answer any questions you might have about the CPCU program! 😀
Already have your CPCU? Tell us: How has earning your CPCU improved your career? How did you decide to start pursuing it? Comment below.