Bill Myers is a co-founder of RWH Myers. He has more than 30 years of forensic accounting and investigative experience,representing companies across a wide range of industries, including energy and petrochemical,forest products, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, transportation, technology, hospitality, health care, packaging, distribution and retail.
Over his career, he has prepared more than 500 property and time element claims and been directly involved in the calculation and recovery of billions of dollars in insured losses. His work has ranged worldwide, including claims preparation in more than 20 nations.
In 1983, he co-founded Dempsey, Myers. Prior to that, he spent seven years with firms auditing insurance claims, including Johnson, Atwater, Campos & Stratis and Daniel R. Grady.
He blogs at RWH Myers Insights.
Representative Claim Assignments
• Analyzed $125 million in mass tort claims associated with defective piping sold to consumers in 1984 and 1985. Created testing procedures for a master database of more than 94,000 claims.
• Quantified business interruption losses because of hurricanes Ivan, Katrina and Rita for Duke Energy.
• Quantified property damage and business interruption losses for American Railcar Industries and contingent business interruption losses suffered by sister companies ACF Manufacturing and American Railcar Leasing in connection with a tornado loss.
• Quantified business interruption losses suffered by Frontier Airlines because of hurricanes Katrina and Wilma.
• Quantified property and business interruption losses resulting from a fire at a GE Wind BV facility in the Netherlands.
• Quantified business interruption losses for Petro-Canada related to its interest in a loss at Syncrude’s operations on the Athabasca Oil Sands Deposit in northeastern Alberta, Canada.
• Quantified property and business interruption losses resulting from a fire at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City.
• Quantified the business interruption loss at the Beau Rivage Hotel and Casino as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
• Quantified business interruption loss at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino because of a power outage.
Representative Litigation and ADR Engagements
• Calculated property, business interruption and extra expense losses on behalf of Agrico subsidiary of Williams in mediation with Industrial Risk Insurers, after insurer refused to pay claims arising from explosion at fertilizer plant.
• Calculated business interruption losses for Williams Pipe Line in action arising from natural gas pipeline leak and insurer’s refusal to pay claim. Provided deposition testimony.
• Calculated economic damages for Pilkington/Libbey-Owens-Ford in litigation against insurer that refused to pay a claim for business interruption losses arising from damage to glass furnace. Provided deposition testimony and testified at trial.
• Calculated economic damages for United Refining in appraisal proceeding involving physical damage and business interruption claims arising from collapse of asphalt tank. Represented policyholder in oral argument before umpire.
• Calculated economic damages for Davidson Hotel in action against insurer for failure to pay business interruption claim. Provided deposition testimony.
• Calculated economic damages for International Paper in action against Union Pacific Railway arising from shipping delays subsequent to UP’s merger with Southern Pacific Railway. Assisted International Paper in the negotiation of final settlement.
• Calculated economic damages for LSB Industries in connection with the manipulation of natural gas prices through misreporting of gas sales transactions by a gas supplier.
• Calculated business interruption loss resulting from a garage roof collapse at Tropicana Hotel and Casino.